Bandura is seeking a Software Engineer (2-5 years’ experience) with a computer science background. The qualified candidate will work in a rapid development environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Tasks may include coding, debugging, and integrating software, as well as the integration, regression, and requirement testing of complex and proprietary systems.
The software engineer will support software development activities, execute technical tasks throughout the software development lifecycle, research new technologies, and adhere to best practices based on customer requirements and goals.
- The engineer will support and participate in the peer programming processes implemented within the development teams.
- This role will be responsible to lead functional testing of the packet handling and API layers of code bases.
- The position will also be responsible to support various tasks and activities within a project and will implement task team activities in overall coordination with the lead software development engineer and other activities across the project.
- This may include analyzing and specifying operational environments, internal and external system interfaces, and data schema, and deriving functional, performance, and other requirements.
- Perform evaluations of software applications, protocols, interfaces, and data schema to support integration of new capabilities into an application.
- Finally the software engineer will be responsible for ensuring technical documentation of the software/system is comprehensive and fully reflects the product.
- US Citizenship (REQUIRED)
- Regular office hours in Lake St. Louis, Missouri
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science desirable but may be substituted for experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in multiple high level programming languages (e.g., C++, Python, Go)
- Desire to learn new technologies and products.
- Demonstrated experience with distributed systems.
- Participates in supplementary technical educational opportunities.
- Ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Knowledge of enterprise networking and Internet access products.
- REST API Design
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing and Wi-Fi technologies desirable
- Server administration (Apache, Nginx, Linux)
- Understanding of cloud computing environments (eg. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Cloud)